Friday, November 25, 2016

Pastels

I've had some Derwent Pastel Pencils for awhile now but I've been a bit afraid to use them. Pastels are very messy... very... so messy that you have to use a spray over them to keep them from smudging.

I really dislike using sprays. I don't like the way they smell and I really dislike the way they make the page look and feel afterwards.

So I thought I'd give them a try and I did a few things.

I used a blending stump with them to make them more attached to the paper.

I used a Derwent Blending Pen at the end to make them smudge proof.

So pleased that I played with these because honestly it made my gems in a matter of minutes instead of about 30 minutes for each gem!

So here you go... a pic of the gems... completed with the use of a blending stump:



Now I added the Derwent Blending Pens:



And here's a pic of before the DBP and then close ups of the after using the DBP:



And finally... this was just a little test I did to see if it would work: (the first image is with the DBP and the second image is before using the DBP)



Hope this helps inspire you to try it!
Aleesha Sattva CZT

No comments:

Post a Comment