I started this piece almost a week ago and this is the longest I've worked on one piece.
I didn't actually start this piece for me. I have some tangle swaps to do and I thought I'd start these two different pieces of paper (one is blue and one is brown/beige) for two people. Then... I saw the two pieces coming together as one.
I decided to go with it. Perhaps I'd send the bottom one to one person to complete...
But then I realized it was meant to be one piece of art and I had to draw it. I drew the centres of the flowers so I could place gems in them... as I wanted this piece to be more 3D than other work I've done.
I used Copic Multiliners in black of varying sizes for the piece itself and coloured Copic Multiliners for some detailed work throughout the piece.
The piece was really coming alive for me. I created my own way of doing gems during this process. I needed some gems to look more flat while others needed to be more rounded or misshapen. I hope I achieved this look. It's hard for me to see this piece with fresh eyes when I've put so much time in to it.
Then I laid down all of the InkTense pencils... this was a few layers of colours. I often do more than one colour per layer in a particular piece and I did here as well but some flowers (and the bamboo) took a few layers to get the effect I was looking for.
When I was done adding layers of colour with InkTense and Coloured Pencils (Faber-Castell Polychromos and Derwent Artist Pencils) then I needed to choose how to mat the piece. I took it over to the art store and tried it on different home made papers until I found the right one.
In the end it was between a bright orange which looked GREAT but watered down the bamboo... and a dark green. The dark green was chosen in the end.
And now it dries - used Rice Glue - and then it'll be hung on the wall.
I loved this process and will probably make another one sooner rather than later. I'm envisioning a larger piece... perhaps four or six pages...
Aleesha Sattva CZT
Edited to add:
And now it's hung!