Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Inspired

I was inspired by another artist's work and decided to do something similar. She had created a bouquet of flowers using tangles... so... here's my version!

I started off doing the art... (Copic Black Multiliners in various sizes)



Then I added some InkTense and Sakura Glaze pens...



And this is the completed piece. I felt it really needed some grounding but adding black to the piece itself didn't feel right. So I mounted it using rice glue on a black piece of pastel paper. (Copic Grey Multiliner, Koi Watercolours, InkTense Watercolour Pencils, Sakura Glaze Pen - clear, Faber-Castell and Derwent Artist Pencils)



Now it's hanging on my wall...



Some people haven't used Glaze Pens so here's a close up of some of the work I did with them. You can see that don't allow the stain from the watercolours to penetrate the paper. So you see the 'blank pattern' wherever you place the glaze pen!

white leaves are glaze pen

tipple (circles) around edges of petals are glaze pen

hugs,
Aleesha


No comments:

Post a Comment