Saturday, September 10, 2016

Derwent Blending Pen Review

I bought a set of these Derwent Blending Pens yesterday and thought I'd give them a try. What I discovered is they don't so much blend as make the graphite smudge proof! This thrilled me... cause it doesn't change the look of the piece like so many of the spray on smudge proofings do... they just make it smudge proof.

Here's some pics to show you what I did. Some before the pen and then after.

Let's begin with the finished piece. All of the blending was done with the two blending pens. I didn't use any other blenders. To make a larger graphite space... I simply applied it on with the graphite pencil (rather than putting a bit on and smudging it with a blender). Then I'd go over it with the blending pen and VIOLA within seconds it was dry and smudge proof!

completed piece

8B Graphite Pencil has been laid down

Blending Pens have been used on the Graphite 

Close up after using the Derwent Blending Pens

 So... although I haven't yet tried these with coloured pencils (I will) I'm very pleased with what they've done with the Graphite.

edited to add: Coloured Pencils - here and here.

Aleesha Sattva CZT
Certified Zentangle Teacher
Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment