Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pastels

I tried pastels for the first time and fell in love with them! The largest section looks like a reptile's back. I simply love how that turned out. I love who I am as an artist. Best of all I was in my Krishna Self the entire time.

What's being in my Krisna Self mean? It means that I didn't worry about the outcome. I didn't worry about if I was going to mess it up. I could see how much I was loving what happening on the page in front of me but I didn't think "Oh shoot if I do this it might not work"

I just did it.

Art is not about being afraid. It's not about drawing in pencil first to be safe. It's not about taking a photocopy of your work and practicing what you want to do with it before actually doing it. It's about simply doing it. Having the courage to say, "This is my art and art is not about playing it safe, it's about having the courage to pick up that tool and playing with it."

So I picked up my pastels and played with them. I taught myself how to use them while I was doing this. And I'm very pleased with the outcome!

This is on the large-sized Tangle Me This! Sketchbook. You can find it in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment