Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Diva Challenge #275

Today I worked on my Diva Challenge piece for this week. The theme was "peace" - and you could draw anything you wanted... as long as it stayed within that theme.

I decided that I wanted to try out TomBow Markers for their watercolour capabilities. So... I drew this first tile using TomBow Markers (except for the splattering which I couldn't get to happen with the markers so I used my Koi Watercolours).



Then after it dried... I tangled it. I used some pens I have which are .04mm to create the tangles. I also used a few gel pens for accents and a grey marker for shading


For me... this piece begins in the top left corner... with darkness and blood being spilled... in the lower right corner there is love - and the little faces creating a chain are all focusing on the peace signs in the centre. I added tipple in to the peace signs to create a grounded feeling but also to give the lightness of bubbles... so the viewer can decide which they are.

Peace!
More Love less hate
Aleesha Sattva CZT

5 comments:

  1. I love your Challenge piece and love the symbolism that you have given it. Very fitting depiction of "Give Peace a Chance". Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your tile and your explanation of how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colourful original tile, super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful composition! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very original and special work, I do like it very much!

    ReplyDelete