Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dedicated to Alton Sterling

I saw the video of a mother and son talking to the media about their husband/father who was killed by the police. It broke my heart... to process my pain and disgust at the state of the USA and how it's becoming more and more like a third-world police state where the police kill people without justification, I picked up my pen and began to draw.

I created this thinking about a father, a man. I don't need to know him to feel his goodness. He was a man, trying to make a living. He probably made a lot of mistakes in life - don't we all. He probably made some questionable choices - don't we all. He probably did some things that he wasn't proud of - don't we all.

He probably loved his children. He probably loved his wife. He probably laughed a lot. He probably enjoyed good food. He probably thought that he would go home to his family at the end of the night.

To celebrate his soul - his spirit - his life... I drew.


Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti,
Aleesha Sattva

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said and beautifully drawn, Aleesha. May the Peace and Wisdom of the Buddha blanket the world. Denise

    ReplyDelete