Saturday, January 23, 2016

Tangle Me This! Sketchbook

Good news... the hand stamping process of creating the limited edition Tangle Me This! Sketchbooks is back up and running!

We'll be making lots more - and different sizes - but those will be printed with a printer as the process of hand stamping is extremely time consuming (approx. 50 hours to create each book - fortunately my table holds 60 books so in the 50 hour span of time {broken up over weeks} we end up with 60 completed books). Each page of the Sketchbook takes an hour to dry after it's been stamped and a table of 60 books takes me approx 20 minutes to complete. I find I'm able to do a minimum of two stampings a day (as I have another business to run as well) but some days I can do 4 or 5 stampings... so it's very time consuming and takes up a lot of space in our condo.

But the end result is so worth it. I love that some pages are darker (stamping) and some are more subtle. When I'm drawing if I want the stamp to be darker I simply shade it in with graphite.

As many of you already know we are moving to Thailand later this year and I am blessed to have the ah-mazing Meredith Hutton on my team. She'll be taking over the shipping and handling of these Sketchbooks and taking over my Etsy shop (coming soon) once I've relocated. She'll also be doing the shipping and handling of another one of my up and coming projects!

Meredith is fairly new to Zentangle®. She discovered Zentangle in Jan. 2015 and received her certification with me in April 2015. Born and raised in beautiful North Vancouver, BC Canada, she lives there with her husband and two children.

Meredith, who has always been artistic and creative, found Zentangle while she was looking for something artistic to distract her from the severe chronic pain she has lived with daily since 2009. Zentangle has provided an amazing distraction from her pain. Meredith is in the process of self publishing a number of books all relating to Zentangle. A book of tangles and their tangleations, a colouring book, and a template book that you can tangle. She's a busy woman! I'm very blessed to have her assisting me. Please visit her blog.

If you'd like to purchase one of the limited edition hand stamped Sketchbooks please contact me and I'll give you a quote for shipping. The Sketchbooks are $39 CAD each and come in a variety of colours.

'till we tangle again,
Aleesha Sattva CZT


No comments:

Post a Comment