Saturday, August 22, 2015

Homeschooling Zentangle® Group



I'm hoping to create a Homeschooling Zentangle® Group for teens in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver BC Canada) at my condo at SFU in Burnaby. I sent out a letter to the homeschooling community and hopefully it'll become reality.

It would be great for 6-8 teens to come together every week or two and draw. Spending time in a relaxing atmosphere, learning to bring some zen/meditation in to their lives.

If you know of a teen who might love this, please have them email me.

Oh and total bonus... we have GREAT transit up here since we are beside a University, so the kids can get here and back home again with ease!

A little about me... I stated homeschooling my kids almost 20 years ago. My eldest is turning 29 this year. I have kids ranging from 14 to 29.

I taught art at the Hope Homeschooling Co-op for a few years and I love working with teens! I was a therapist (many years ago) and worked with teens who were sexually abused/raped. Although this group won't have the purpose of direct therapy... Zentangle® is such a healing modality - it brings so much zen in to your life and gives you some really great coping mechanisms. In today's society of doing everything electronically - drawing really helps your fine motor skills (and yes that means your handwriting benefits!).

I'm also a Reiki Master/Teacher. I've taught meditation for years now and am in the process of becoming a Certified Meditation Instructor. So pretty much... all things zen are what I love.

So... let's see if we can make this happen!

Hi Everyone,

I am playing with an idea of putting together a group for homeschooling teens - mostly because there is so little for teens in the homeschooling community. 

I was thinking of making it either once a week or once every two weeks where we’d get together and draw. I’ll teach them new tangles each time and we’ll create some art together. 

The beauty of Zentangle® is you don’t need any artistic ability. If you can write an i, c, s and o then you can do Zentangle®. 

If you have a teen and are interested, please send me an email and if there’s interest I’ll put something together. 

My intention is to make this ‘budget friendly’ while covering the expenses for the classes. (max. $20 per class with a sliding scale)



’Til next we ‘Tangle' together,

Aleesha Sattva CZT
Certified Zentangle ® Teacher
http://www.tanglemethis.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment