Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A class with Brenda Shaver-Shahin

While I was attending CanTangle2015 I took a class with Brenda Shaver-Shahin.

It was really out of my comfort zone. I had a hard time with it.

I can't draw. I can tangle... but drawing something representational... I suck at that. So when I needed to draw representational art in this class... I just hit a wall (of frustration, inability and unease).

This week I completed my piece which I barely started in class.

And... are you ready for this? It's my favourite piece of art to date. I'm pretty sure I'm going to frame this piece!

I used Inktense and Koi Watercolours.


It makes me feel happy. Very happy. Playful. Alive and I get this sense of hope for the future when I look at it.

So thank you Brenda... for assisting me to grow in a direction I never expected.

hugs,
Aleesha Sattva CZT

1 comment:

  1. Aleesha, love your art and all the funky things you have included! So glad you enjoyed the class. Until three years ago I had never drawn a thing.. . But Zentangle has given me so much confidence to continue on and experiment with different art concepts and colour. You are definitely well on your way too. We are so fortunate to be part of this Zentangle journey and thank you for being part of my journey. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete