Saturday, March 7, 2015

New Prismacolour Markers and Art Bin Storage

Today I picked up my new 200 set of Prismacolour markers.

The box they come in sucks. I'm not sure how you are supposed to use it as a case, since the markers spill out all over the place every time you open it.

We went to Opus and picked up this "Art Bin Super Satchel Double Deep"  with 4 marker storage trays.  My pencil wraps aren't big enough to hold the thickness of these markers so I needed another way to store them.



Parz put the trays together and in to the bin and then our daughter and I spent time putting the 200 markers in numerical order. I thought that since Prismacolour uses a numbering system instead of the blending/numbering system that Copic markers use (which I definitely prefer), that they would number from one to two-hundred. But that's not the case. Many numbers are left out and so it's a bit of a confusing and time consuming process to get them all in to the bins but we did it!


The set comes with 5 black markers and I ordered one extra blender. I also picked up a colour wheel for myself to help me identify which colours to use together. (You'll see how that worked for me in the image below).

Of course... Shanti had to help with the entire process.


So this is the tangle I created in the morning before we went to pick up my markers.


And this is how it looked after I coloured and shaded it. It's my first attempt at creating anything with colour and using more than a few colours. I'm really pleased with the result. I think I'd like to watercolour the background... hmmmm...


hugs,
Aleesha

My hubby and my new markers

No comments:

Post a Comment